Nextra Health was founded in 1978. Over the years, we’ve grown to become a leader in our industry.
- 1993 – Developed one of the first direct-to-member delivery programs servicing home health agency members
- 1995 – Implemented our new direct-to-member delivery model servicing members in the Community Based Alternatives Medicaid program
- 2000 – Launched Supply Manager – a proprietary, member-managment supply ordering online tool that reduces errors and order time
- 2005 – Became a nationally contracted supplier for multiple Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
- 2012 – Launched our new Business Services Division including Value Added Services (VAS) Programs
- 2015 – Engagement Solutions division created to expand the scope of our Quality Improvement Incentive & Member Engagement Programs
- 2018 – After 40 years STL Medical Supply rebrands as Nextra Health
Today… We are still a privately-held company based out of St. Louis, MO, servicing clients on a national level, improving the way health care is managed and delivered.
Why we do this – and what motivates us – is detailed in our Vision.
We embrace change and strive to be better every day.
We’re constantly searching for new and innovative ways to – improve the lives of our customers and those in which they serve, create a positive and thriving environment for our employees, deliver the best customer experience possible, provide resources that create happier and healthier consumers and make a positive impact in the medical industry.
Our Beliefs – Innovation through adaptation.
We believe in…
- our people and teamwork.
- our products and solutions.
- improving the lives of our customers.
- making a difference.
- in a better tomorrow.
Our Core Values
Integrity | Innovation | Collaboration | Quality | Passion
Learn how we put our Vision into action through the years.
Our People Come First.
We are a family-owned and family-operated business founded in 1978 on solid mid-western principles.
Putting the interests of others first is exactly what we do. From the top down to the bottom up, we take care of our employees. When we take care of them, they take care of you.
A few ways in which we do this is through our extensive on-the-job training, job shadowing, and an open-door policy that makes everyone feel like their ideas are valued and appreciated.
Our team members bring their talent, commitment, and diverse perspectives to work, making our communities, client relationships, and company a better place every day.
Want to join our team? We’re Hiring.
Giving is Our Nature.
Taking care of others has been the core of our business for decades, so it comes naturally to us. That’s why it is important to us to not only impact the lives of our customers but to positively impact our community where we live, work, and play.
We are proud supporters of:
We are always looking for new ways to give back and partner with amazing charities. If you have a cause that needs support, tell us about it.